top of page

Walking down the isle is just the first step.

Marriage to a US citizen is one of the fastest ways to get permanent residency. 

Marriage alone is not enough to get permanent residency, though. In order to succeed you must show both that your marriage is not just for an immigration benefit (Bona Fide) and you must show that your are not inadmissible.

Eligibility to Adjust Status as a Spouse

In order to adjust status to permanent resident, a spouse must generally meet all of the following requirements:

  • Lawful marriage (from any country) to the U.S. citizen petitioner; 

  • An immigrant visa is immediately available (always available for the spouse of U.S. citizen); and

  • Lawful entry to the U.S. (there are a few exceptions)

  • Admissible (or not inadmissible)                                                                       

There can be problems with any of these requirements.  There are many reasons that USCIS can find someone inadmissible: crimes, visa fraud, and prior immigration violations.  In many cases, a waiver can forgive these violations.  

Having an attorney is always a smart idea.  Immigration laws are complex, and even simple cases can become difficult.  Call us today to get information and make your dream of living in the United States come true.  

download (1).jpg
Contact Us



201 448-9837

Law Office of Michael Campise

2125 Center Ave #314

Fort Lee, NJ 07024


Practice highlights

  • Represented Major League Baseball Players, Music Artists, and International Executives

  • Over ten years experience

  • Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association

  • Handled thousands of immigration cases over the last ten years

  • Successfully sued the government in the Federal Courts

  • Fought for worker's rights and secured settlements for 

  • Licensed Real Estate Broker (NY)

Areas of Practice

Immigration Law

Residential Real Estate​

Criminal Law​

DCP&P (DYFS) Investigations and representation

Bankruptcy/Debtor's Rights

bottom of page